Mike's Crispy Grilled Spicy Agave Chicken Wangs
Crispy Grilled Spicy Agave Chicken Wings
Yield: Approximately 16 wings
Time: 4 hours (marinade)
45 minutes (cook)
· 4 lb. chicken wings
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· kosher salt
· freshly ground black pepper
· celery salt
· 4 tablespoons soy sauce
· 2 tablespoons minced garlic
· 2 limes
· 4 oz. Papa Yaw’s Spice Agave Nectar
Combine soy sauce, mince garlic and juice of 2 limes in a sealable plastic bag (may need 2). Rinse chicken and add to bag(s). Seal and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Remove chicken from marinade and let dry on dry on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
· Pre-heat grill at least 10 minutes with hot side and cool side. The key to crispy wings is initially rendering fat over indirect heat.
· Combine kosher salt, black pepper, celery salt, and paprika and sprinkle over chicken.
· Place chicken over indirect heat (top rack or cool side of grill)
· Close grill and cook about 30 minutes or more if needed
· Move wings to direct heat with skin (flat) side down for 5 minutes for grill marks and crispy skin
· Remove wings from grill place in stainless steel bold.
· Drizzle Papa Yaw’s Spice Agave Nectar over wings and toss in bowl.
· Serve immediatel